Policy and Research Forum (PRF) endeavours to involve; researchers, academicians, intellectuals, experts, media persons, representatives of civil society and policy makers for their input on Kashmir conflict and its regional and global implications to attain follow objectives:-
- To highlight the geo-political significance of the State of Jammu and Kashmir viz-a-viz the volatility in Asian Continent, especially the South Asian region.
- To analyse various dimensions of socio-political history of Kashmir Conflict with a view to involve international community for its solution through an internationally acceptable conflict resolution mechanism.
- To evaluate the Humanitarian Dimension of Kashmir conflict for inviting the consideration and enquiry of UNO and international human rights organizations for fact findings and subsequently paving way for the resolution of the conflict as per contemporary humanitarian models.
- To analyse the prospects of bringing harmony and creating convergences among the Kashmiri leadership and intellectual community from all parts of Jammu and Kashmir through intra-Kashmir dialogue.
Roles of PRF
The Policy and Research Forum (PRF) is dedicated to undertake following roles:
- Highlight the political, economic and geo-strategic significance of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Study the social, political, economic and strategic aspects of the Kashmir conflict and its regional and global implications.
- Organize seminars, conferences, workshop on various aspects of Kashmir conflict and to debate the conflict management, transformation and resolution models.
- Training the Scholars, Academicians and Students on International Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law.
- Develop the analytical skills of young scholars and students to enhance their understanding about the conflict and various approaches for its peaceful resolution.
- Publication of a Research Journal on Kashmir conflict and related issues.
- Formulation of policies and strategies for publicity and projection of Kashmir conflict at national and international level.
- Promotion of ideological basis of Kashmir conflict and its historical relationship with State of Pakistan.
- Highlight human rights violations in Indian Occupied Kashmir.
- Pursuing the Right to self-determination for Kashmiris as per UN resolutions and international covenants.
- Debate and evolve policies for a convincing persuasion of Kashmir Conflict by Government of Pakistan and AJK Government.
- Develop intellectual discourse on the political history of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Promotion of objective research and active advocacy for peaceful resolution of Kashmir conflict.